Water conservation measures are an important first step in protecting our water supply. Such measures not only save the supply of our source water, but can also save you money by reducing your water and sewer bills.
- Avoid running faucet while brushing teeth
- Do not use the toilet for trash disposal
- Fix leaking faucets, pipes, & toilets
- Install new water-saving devices
- Run dishwasher only when full
- Soak dishes before washing
- Take shorter showers
- Wash only full loads of laundry
- Repair leaks in faucets & hoses
- Use mulch around plants & shrubs
- Use a bucket to wash your car
- Use a hose for rinsing your car
- Use water-saving nozzles
- Water lawn/garden in early morning or evening
Learn more tips on the EPA's WaterSense website.